Saturday, September 21, 2013

Students' Names


So I asked my students to write down their names for me. I told them that if they wanted to they could chose an English name. My 4th graders were really the only ones that chose to do this. In the video I read off about 20 names that they came up with but I got at least 70 from the whole 4th grade.

Tony - Iron man is really big here
Trevor
Jenny - Harry Potter is huge here
Shane
Julia
Kenny - maybe south park? I don't know?
Sandra 
Bella - twilight
Romi
Gary - maybe the snail from Spongebob 
Kim - even though nowhere in her real name is there a kim
Ma ree - Mary
Daean - Diane
Sein - Scene or Sign I think he was going for Sign
Ahn miri - Ann Mary
Mint - A common favorite color in Korea
Tabes - Tobias
Chwioo - I looked up the name and there is a famous South Korean soccer player with that name
Konan - I can only think of Conan O'Brien
Gino
Lime - a color and a food, yet her favorite color on the same sheet is yellow and her favorite food is pasta?
JIJ - I think these might be his initials after looking more closely at his Korean name


No comments:

Post a Comment